There are many science museums in the world. Do you like science museums visiting? You are in the right place to know the details of science museums.
Concentrate on the static display of objects related to natural history, the industry as well as industrial machinery, paleontology, and geology.
Therefore, the most popular paintings by Leonardo da Vinci, Van Gogh, and Salvador Dali. There are the most famous art collections which help people. Here is a list of 20 most visited science museums in the world.
1. Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, Netherlands (2.5 million visitors annually)
Rijks is known as a museum committed to the arts and history of the Netherlands, located at the museum square in Amsterdam.
The average collection of the museum added one million items spanning the period from 1200 until now. On the other hand, approximately 8 thousand of them can be obtained by the public at any granted time.
2. National Folk Museum of Korea, Seoul, South Korea (2.7 million visitors annually)
The National Folk Museum of Korea boasts is one of the extraordinary collection of objects representing the history and cultures of Koreans.
It is situated in Seoul and Established by the US Government in 1945. This beautiful museum is separated into 3 main display halls that have extraordinary features.
3. State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia (2.9 million visitors annually)
Do you have any idea of the hermitage museum? Hermitage is one of the biggest and oldest museums in the world. This awesome museum was founded in 1764 by Catherine the Great.
This museum comprises over 3 million items including works by authors such as Michelangelo, Renoir, Monet, Goya, Velázquez, and Van Gogh. It only a small part is on constant display.
4. Museum of Modern Art, New York City, USA (3.1 million visitors annually)
Museum of Modern Art is considered as the most famous museum in the world. It is situated in Manhattan, New York City. The museum is famous for its photography, extensive collections of paintings, sculptures, books, architectonical pieces, etc. Every year this museum welcomes over 3 million visitors.
5. Reina Sofia, Madrid, Spain (3.2 million visitors annually)
The Reina Sofia Museum is one of the most famous and most visited museums in Spain. If you have visited Spain, you know that this museum is officially known as The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.
It is particularly the best collection of works by Pablo Picasso as well as Salvador Dali.
6. Victoria and Albert Museum, London, UK (3.2 million visitors annually)
Victoria and Prince Albert is the world’s famous and largest museum. Identified this museum after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. With the amazing decorative arts and design, it permanently collects 4.5 million objects.
7. Science Museum, London, UK (3.4 million visitors annually)
The Science Museum is the most famous museum located in London. In 1857, this beautiful museum is founded by Bennet Woodcroft.
In the United Kingdom, the Science Museum is considered as the fifth most visited museum with more than 3.4 million visitors annually.
8. Musée d´Orsay, Paris, France (3.5 million visitors annually)
Musée d´Orsay is one of the uncommon museum, originally built as a railway station. It is the biggest collection of impressionists as well as post-impressionist masterpieces in the world. It is also known as the thirst visited museum in France. About 3.5 million visitors visit annually.
9. National Museum of Korea, Seoul, South Korea (3.5 million visitors annually)
The National Museum of Korea is the most popular museum in Korea. It was established in 1945. This museum is considered as the best tourist attraction of Seoul as well as the whole country. The National Museum of Korea is famous for its amazing building and the collection of more than 310,000 unique items.
10. Musée National d´Art Moderne, Paris, France (3.7 million visitors annually)
The Musée National d´Art Moderne is a renowned museum in French. It is considered as the second largest collection of the modern museum in the world.
11. National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C., USA (3.9 million visitors annually)
The National Gallery of art is famous for its amazing photographs, drawing, medals, sculptures, and wonderful decoration.
It is located in Washington DC. The National Gallery of art holds the only painting by Leonardo da Vinci in the Americas
12. National Museum of American History, Washington D.C., USA (4 million visitors annually)
The National Museum of American history includes many types of heritage in the US. This beautiful house is considered as part of the Smithsonian Institution.
It is also known as the fourth most visited museum in history and about 4 million visitors visit annually.
13. Shanghai Science and Technology Museum, Shanghai, China (4.2 million visitors annually)
The Shanghai Science and Technology is the biggest Museum, located in shanghai. According to the research on the museum, it is known as the second-largest museum in China. The main attraction of this museum is 3 permanent exhibitions as well as 4 science theaters.
14. American Museum of Natural History, New York City, USA (5 million visitors annually)
It is one of the biggest American museums in the world. It contains about 32 million specimens of plants, enormous collections, human, animals rocks, and fossils.
15. Natural History Museum, London, UK (5.4 million visitors annually)
The Natural History Museum is known as the fourth most visited museum in the UK. The museum is especially renowned for its display of dinosaur skeletons, established in 188. It contains about 80 million items within mineralogy, botany, zoology, paleontology, and entomology.
16. National Palace Museum, Taipei, Taiwan (5.4 million visitors annually
The National Palace Museum in Taipei is one of the most important national museums in Taiwan.
This beautiful museum is originally established as the palace museum in Beijing’s forbidden city in 1925. According to chines history, this museum has the best collection of almost 700,000 pieces of ancient Chinese activities.
17. Tate Modern, London, UK (5.8 million visitors annually)
The Tate Modern is an international modern art of the British national gallery. This wonderful gallery is situated in the London Borough of Southwark.
The gallery’s exhibitions are the main attraction, about 5.5 million people visit annually. It is considered as the third visited museum in the united state.
18. Vatican Museums, Vatican City, Vatican (5.9 million visitors annually)
The Vatican is the world’s famous Museum, founded by Pope Julius II in the early 16th century. It is famous for its most notable ancient sculptures as well as the most important masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world.
19. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, USA (6.1 million visitors annually)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art includes a permanent collection containing more than 2 million work. It is founded in 1870, the museum is divided among seventeen curatorial departments. It is the biggest art museum in the US.
20. National Gallery, London, UK (6.4 million visitors annually)
It is the most popular art museum housing which contains the collection of over 2,300 paintings dating from the mid-13th century to 1900. The National Gallery is located at Trafalgar Square in Central London.
The gallery boasts art pieces by the world´s most famous author Leonardo da Vinci and Vincent van Gogh, including others.