You have drawn a good art on a white paper. But will it look gorgeous without color? No way. Only colorful art can reflect your creativity. And here the importance of colored pencils lie.
But are all the colored pencils worth considering? Not at all. Rather most of them are not up to the mark. And the worst one can even spoil your long hours’ labor to make a good sketch.
Then, what is the solution? The solution is here. We have come forward with a list of some awesome pencils. Hopefully, from our 10 best colored pencils, you will find your one.
So, let’s see.
Here is my list of The 10 Best Colored Pencils For Professional Artists Review
1. Derwent Artist Watercolor Colored Pencils
- STURDY PRECISION – Easy to sharpen, break-resistant pencils are ideal for long periods of use. With a 3.4mm core and hexagonal barrel, you gain precision for detailed drawings. Includes 72 colours.
- WATER SOLUBLE – Combine the control of a pencil with the beauty of watercolour. Use a wetted pencil tip to create rich textured lines or use dampened paper to obtain bright colours with soft edges.
- COLOUR LAYERING – Pigment transfers to paper quickly due to a softer formulation. This helps with blending and layering, creating a range of effects from bold colours to delicate watercolour washes.
- ARTISTIC FLEXIBILITY – Customize colours by adding water to create muted watercolour washes. As the pigment is not permanent, you can use water to move and adjust colours, even after it has dried.
- ACCESSORIES – For best results, combine with other Derwent products, such as Derwent Canvas Pencil Wrap, Derwent Waterbrush Set, Derwent Technique Brushes and Derwent Watercolour Paper Pads.
2. Prismacolor Artist Set of Colored Pencils
- Premium colored pencils: the 150 artist-quality colored pencils are in sturdy storage case that folds open to display the pencils while in use.
- Soft and thick core: thick cores of color last long to bring bold statements to life, while soft leads make them the best tool to blend in or shade away.
- 2-Blade sharpener: the Premier sharpener features 2 different blades – one for a fine point, the other for a wide point.
- Nicely shaped eraser: the eraser has triangular shape that fits comfortably in your hand and enables you to both erase details and large areas.
- Perfect for novice: this set is a great place to start for the amateur and aspiring artists.
3. ARTEZA Colored Pencils
- Superior Quality, Sensible Price: Why pay a fortune for premium art pencils? This affordable colored pencil set gives you the same professional quality you’d get with far costlier brands. Try it & see.
- Blend & Layer Like a Pro: Go ahead. Layer it on. These expert coloring pencils glide smoothly across your paper, blend beautifully & layer effortlessly. You’ll be amazed by their rich, deep coverage.
- Vivid, Varied Colors: Why settle for dull & boring? These bright colored pencils come in a broad array of brilliant, saturated colors. Each pencil is labeled & numbered for easy color identification.
- Crafted for Keeps: From their sturdy, comfortable barrels to their soft, break-resistant cores, your Arteza artist pencils are made to last. Count on them to sharpen easily & work superbly every time.
- Metal Storage Case & Iron-Clad Guarantee: 100% safe & nontoxic, your assorted colored pencils come in a durable, double-hinged storage tin. Any problems? Let us know & we’ll send a free replacement.
4. Creative Art Materials Colored Pencils
- Creamy – soft – water-resistant.
- Set of 120 pencils.
- Ideal for shading – mixied media.
- Exceptional covering power and superb lightfastness.
- 3.7mm leads.
5. Faber Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils
- Unsurpassed lightfast pigments.
- Break resistant tips.
- Color matched to all other Faber-Castell lines – Set of 72.
6. Faber Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolor Colored Pencils
- Albrecht Dürer watercolour pencils in a 120 mm wooden box.
- Highly pigmented and fade resistant.
- Specially protected against breakage due to special bonding.
- Handcrafted wooden boxes with sturdy metal handle.
7. Caran D’ache Luminance Colored Pencils
- High lightfastness and smoothness.
- Swiss made.
- 40 piece assortment.
- Can be blended and layered for various effects.
- Pigments chosen for purity-intensity and resistance to UV.
8. Stabilo CarbOthello Chalk-Pastel Colored Pencils
- Pastel pencils for both fine and commercial artists.
- 4.4 mm lead Diameter.
- 60 colors.
9. Prismacolor Premier Art Stix Woodless Colored Pencils
- Thick, soft cores without the wood case help you quickly lay down thick layers and supple blends.
- Never need sharpening– can be used both dull to cover large areas or sharpened for details.
- Robust, 0.25-inch leads provide smooth coverage.
- Richly saturated lightfast pigments help you create timeless art.
- Includes 36 premium Art Stix coloring book pencils.
10. Castle Art Supplies Colored Pencils
- “AN ABSOLUTE JOY TO USE” this selection of 120 premium colored pencils have fast become the ‘pencil of choice’ for thousands of artists and colorists who dream of creating beautiful artwork in this popular medium.
- The rich, velvety leads are highly pigmented, and lay down lots of vivid color with minimal effort, making these easy-to-use pencils an absolute must!
- BLENDING AND LAYERING QUALITIES artists can truly rely on! We know you need colored pencils that allow you to add depth through layering, create beautiful blended effects such as gradients or to achieve the perfect shade.
- The consistency of our colored cores is such that you can achieve both with very little effort, making them a pleasure to work with, creating results you will be proud of.
- NAMED, NUMBERED & COLOR CODED in PRESENTATION TIN BOX for instant recognition and easy organisation. Arranged over three layers in color families this extensive range of “brilliant” shades and hues “that just pop from the page” are sure to inspire your best work.
- GUARD AGAINST FRUSTRATING BREAKAGES with our top-quality, centred cores encased in strong reliable wood (premium Basswood), perfectly finished to ensure a comfortable coloring experience and ease of sharpening.
- With a silky-smooth ‘soft touch’ coating, you won’t tire of working with them.
- BUY TODAY – WORRY & HASSLE FREE! Creating beautiful art should be easy and fun. Use our step-by-step tutorial (included) to recreate the stunning Castle on the front of your set.
- If for any reason you aren’t completely satisfied with your Castle Arts purchase, we offer our customers complete piece of mind through our unique Money Back Plus Guarantee which means that if you are not entirely happy with your product, we will refund you and you keep the pencils.