When it is about empty promises, a politician is a bit ahead than others. When the electing season appears, the river of promises flow and the people believe the ones they want to believe. Some of the promises are a little believable and some are really crazy. But every time Politicians reach a new level of audacity and craziness. So here are the 20 broken political promises quotes ever for you and of course hats off to the incredible boldness of the politicians.
Here Are The 20 Broken Political Promises Quotes Ever
1. Al Gore Promises That Zebras Will Not Change Their Spots
2. Bill Clinton Promises His Administration Was The Funnest
Though he is not able to run for the president candidate anymore, his promise was a little belated. Clinton usually thought that though “[he] may not have been the greatest president [he] had the most fun 8 years.”
3. Dan Quayle Promises Best-Educated American People In The World
Dan promised his countrymen that no other nation will have as educated citizens as Americans. And considered as the great broken political promises quote, Touche Dan……touche.
4. Dan Quayle Promises The Future Will Get Better Tomorrow
This promise is mind-boggling. It seems that you require some Tylenol just to wrap your head around it.
5. Dennis Kucinich Promises To Arrest George W Bush
This person is pretty familiar as he demanded, again and again, George W Bush’s impeachment and arrest. He made this his platform to warn the Bush administration that they should know their Miranda rights.
6. George Bush Promises Flying Ticket Counters
This promise the queerest if you read it entirely: “I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport.”
7. Herbert Hoover Promises A Chicken In Every Pot
He himself did not declare it directly. Actually the party provided this slogan to publicize his platform of prosperity.
8. Herman Cain Promises To Eliminate Commerce, Education, and Energy
It was the craziest promise ever that he planned to cut all these three government departments but during debates, he could remember only two of them. How sarcastic!
9. Herman Cain Promises To Veto Any Bill Longer Than 3 Pages
Though legislation has an inclination of being a bit wordy, Herman was not able to convince anybody to take him seriously with this point.
10. Hillary Clinton Promises That Everyone Will Know Who Wears The Pantsuits
11. Hunter Thompson Promises To Replace The Streets of Aspen with Sod
In 1970, Thomson was competing for the Sheriff of Pitkin County. Then he made this broken political promises quote that He replace the asphalt in Aspen with sod and then build a parking lot with the asphalt outside the city.
12. Jello Biafra Promises To Make Businessmen Wear Clown Suits
In 1980 when he was competing for the mayor post of San Fransisco, the Dead Kennedys singer just made this bizarre promise.
13. John Edwards Promises To Cure Diabetes, Parkinsons, and Alzheimers
He promised that if people elect him and John Kerry vice president and president respectively then Christopher Reeves like people would be able to get out of their chairs and walk again. What a weird promise.
14. Michelle Bachman Promises To Withdraw From Libya…And Africa
After reading this completely, you will probably think that politicians don’t have a good idea about geography.
15. Ronald Reagan Promises To Be Awake
Ronald Regan told me that he has orders to be awakened at any time for the national emergency, no matter whether he’s in a cabinet meeting.
16. Ronald Reagan Promises To Not Exploit His Opponents Youth and Inexperience
He promised not to exploit his rival’s youth and inexperience but unfortunately, it was a little too late for that.
17. Sarah Palin Promises She Will Be More Rogue
People think that she is the queen of roguishness but Sarah made the broken political promises quote to come back with more.
18. Sarah Palin Promises To Stand By America’s North Korean Allies
Have you ever studied a globe upside down? Well, don’t try because then things like this occur.
19. Vernin Supreme Promises Ponies For Everyone
Vernin made a lot of broken political promises quotes in his funny political career but the promise to give a pony to per individual and making the USA a pony based economy was the funniest.
20. Warren Harding Promises Return To Normalcy
It proves how weird political promises can be. However, in politics not making a weird promise is pretty weird.